Legal English Course
Washington University School of Law’s online Legal English course is designed for foreign attorneys who want to build proficiency and improve their legal English skills before enrolling in one of @WashULaw’s online degree programs.
This course offers students the opportunity to develop critical skills in:
- Analyzing and briefing court cases
- Legal note taking and outlining
- Engaging in dialogue using the Socratic method — the preferred method used at law schools in the U.S.
- Thinking and communicating like an American lawyer
- Communicating with other non-native English speakers
Taught by experienced legal English professors in a state-of-the-art video conferencing format, the course also helps students develop the communication and technology skills needed to be successful in our online degree programs.
Legal English is a four-week course and costs $400. Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion in Legal English from Washington University School of Law.
If you are a candidate in one of @WashULaw’s degree programs, Legal English may serve as a beneficial primer or supplementary course for you. Request more information about the course by contacting your student support adviser or an admissions counselor at email@example.com.