Law Firm Profile: Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira
Whether you are looking to expand your legal background or your knowledge on various practices, this profile series will give you a glimpse inside the walls of some of the world’s most reputable law firms. Here is a look at leading law firm Danneman Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema.
The international law firm of Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira, headquartered in Brazil, offers individuals who have an advanced law degree, such as the Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law, with the opportunity to work with a world-class law firm. With more than 100 years of business experience, this prestigious law firm specializes in industrial property but is able to provide services in a variety of areas of practice, including intellectual property. The firm employs 54 partners and more than 800 staff members, including lawyers, who work at the firm’s three locations throughout Brazil, including Sao Paulo, Rio Di Janeiro and Brasilia. To best serve their clients around the world, lawyers with Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira can provide legal services in English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Russian, Italian and German.
Areas of Practice
Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira is best known for its work in industrial property, which is the area on which the firm was originally built. These services can include patents, designs, licensing and unfair competition, among other areas. In addition to industrial property, the law firm offers services in:
- Legal services, such as corporate law, tax law, protection of trade secrets and advertising law.
- Environmental consultancy in the areas of biodiversity, oil and gas, social responsibility, environmental licensing and others.
Its team of lawyers is trained and experienced in all these areas to ensure their clients receive the best advice and representation as needed.
The primary focus of Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira is to serve and protect its clients in industrial property law. While this is a specialty of the law firm, it also provides legal services to its clients in a wide variety of other areaso fulfill all their clients’ needs.
Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira has ranked Band 1 in Intellectual Property and Band 3 for Media and Entertainment by the Chambers & Partners rankings. The firm has also been named“Best Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine each year since 1997.
Some of the major achievements this law firm has been involved in include:
- Shaping the updates to Brazilian Industrial Law in 1996.
- Assisting businesses in obtaining Electronic Declaratory Registrations from the Central Bank of Brazil for money transfers to other countries.
- Providing consultant services for advertising and marketing for products that require sanitary surveillance.
- Assisting businesses, especially those in the pharmaceutical industry, with patent litigation.
The Key to Success
Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira strives to provide all its clients with fast, efficient service. The law firm specializes in protecting clients’ industrial property rights. In addition to its own staff, the firm works with a network of affiliate law firms across the globe to provide the highest level of service to clients around the world. In order to stand out and be successful at this firm, it is important to have a background in industrial property law with expert knowledge on a specific area of operation within the firm ranging from biotechnology and chemical engineering to finance and trademark rights.
How Are They Different?
Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira utilizes a large Information and Document Center that contains more than 9,600 books, 35,000 indexed articles and more in all areas of law to help lawyers fully research their cases. This extensive research allows the lawyers, partners and staff to serve their clients across all areas of law for a greater success rate.
In addition to providing assisting their clients, the law firm is active in the community. It supports several initiatives, including:
- CAMP Mangueria – A nonprofit organization that provides professional development training to adolescents to prepare them for the workforce.
- Communitarian Action of Brazil – A non-government organization that works with the underprivileged population to provide people with the services they need.
- Mali Martin Social Centre – An institution that offers socialization opportunities for young people.
- Rotary Centre Educational, Social, Cultural and Recreational – An organization that offers work programs and vocational training to children, adolescents and adults to strengthen the workforce.
What Kind of Lawyers Are They Looking For?
Dannemann Siemsen Bigler & Ipanema Moreira seeks individuals who have advanced law degrees, such as the LL.M. in U.S. Law and global experience in industrial property law. The firm may also consider community involvement as part of the screening process to ensure that candidates value and appreciate the corporate responsibility aspect of the position, in which the firm supports and sponsors various nonprofit organizations and causes.
Take a look at our other top law firm profiles: