Immersion: On-Campus Weekend Learning Experience
Sample Immersion Agenda
Sample Immersion Courses
- Understand how applicable negotiation techniques may vary in different cultures and countries with diverse historic backgrounds, mainly concentrating in U.S. and Latin America.
- Through exercises in class, practice negotiation skills to be applied in negotiations involving Latin American parties.
- Practice the use and generation of options and communication as a tool to reach agreements across the Americas.
- Train students to control and manage frequent situations in negotiations with Latin American parties, generating skills to redirect diffuse discussions.
- Understand the strength of Confirmation Bias and positional bargaining in transnational negotiations, as well as techniques to mitigate them.
- Train students to face multi-party negotiations involving different cultures.
- Understand Contract Management across the Americas, explaining terms and conditions that commonly generate discussion in Trans-American contract negotiation.
- Develop the ability to anticipate possible conflict generating contractual provisions, in order to be able to mitigate risks during contract negotiation and execution.
- Explain the most common problems faced by contract managers when dealing with transnational contracts, preparing students to mitigate risks from the beginning of a contractual relationship.
- Generate understanding of negotiation as an Alternative Dispute Resolution process, with enormous value as an Alternative Dispute Prevention process.